Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Stop Motion Animation of Falling


For this test, I wanted to keep the animation setup fairly simple, so I opted to using a simple background on paper, a quarter, some kneaded eraser, and a down shooter in the animation lab. I used the kneaded eraser bit as a stopper for the quarter "ball" and simply animated the ball rolling off the ramp, bouncing off the wall and continuing its bounce off the other side of the page. I mainly shot in twos and tweaked specific frames to ones in certain timing areas. The fortunate thing about this setup is the fact that I can sort of "flip" through frames using flipbook, so if I mess up a frame it is as easy as going back and readjusting the quarter. That is probably a luxury I will not have with a more 3D setup in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment