Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Mini Portfolio

Jeffrey Gene Liu here! I am a 5th year animation/illustration major here at SJSU, currently focusing on visual development but gaining a rising interest in 3D modeling and computer science. Currently, I am enrolled in a triple-whammy of visual development (117B), advanced 3D modeling (130B), and introduction to programming; these three classes will most likely be the cause of my lack of sleep, but I am most definitely excited for all three of them. My goal is to eventually work in game development, though that is not necessarily strictly limited to being an artist! Video games have always been a large part of my life, and I look forward to being able to give back to the gaming community with my own contributions.

Anyways, here are some examples of my work!


This first pair of images is from Ani113B, an intermediate painting class focused on drawing and painting trees. The final assignment was to design a "hero" tree and its environment around it, lit in two different times of the day. It was a very fun project that allowed me to really get my feet wet for digital painting.


These two sets of images are character designs that I did for a 100W project. It is set in a cyberpunk setting, and the story follows a couple of cyborg orphans who live among the slums of floating metropolises in the sky.



This is a somewhat more recent painting study that I did last semester off of a famous photo of Anna Lee Fisher, the first mother in space.


This video here is an excerpt from my 115 final animation. The effects were particularly fun to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment